More people are ditching the traditional generators and batteries and embracing more efficient, reliable and clean power alternatives such as solar for their camping, RV, off-grid and camper van adventures.
The off-grid RV solar systems for RVs and camper vans have become popular over the past few years, and it's good news for adventure seekers. The off-grid solar systems work similarly to the residential solar systems, except they are portable and designed to meet all your power needs as you hit the road.
Due to the rising popularity of off-grid RV solar systems, the market is getting saturated with various solar systems making it difficult to choose an off-grid system that will meet your RV power needs. We have compiled a list of some of the best BLUETTI solar power stations for your RV to give you a pleasant experience.
- Expandable Power- The BLUETTI AC300 is a 100% modular unit capable of supporting 4×B300 battery modules with 3,072Wh per pack battery for a groundbreaking power capacity of up to 12,288Wh. It’s a reliable unit for your RV especially during longer travels or remote destinations.
- 3000W Pure Sine Wave Inverter- It allows you to adjust the charging rate from 1800W to 3000W using wall outlets to meet your energy needs quickly. Additionally, with a 30A charging cable, the AC input default at 1800W boosts up to 3000W. However, it comes separately.
- High 5400W Input Rate- The system allows double charging with both solar panels and wall outlet for a fast 5,400W Max charging rate. You can get 3000W from AC and 2400W from solar with just two B300 batteries. Allowing you to save time on charging and longer hours of enjoying power.
- 24/7 UPS Backup- The BLUETTI Smart Home Panel allows you to tie the AC300 power system to your grid. It keeps you always protected in case of emergency power outages. It is easy to set up and will keep your RV and home powered even during prolonged power outages.
- 240V Connection- The system comes with a P030A Fusion Box Pro, allowing the user to connect two AC300 to achieve an output of 240V/6,000W and 24,576Wh capacity with four B300 for every AC300.
- Expandable Power Station- The BLUETTI AC200 MAX is the first modular expandable power station kit. The power unit is packed with a whooping 2048Wh plus durable LFP batteries with a 2200W pure sine wave inverter. If you are looking for a mobile or off-grid all-charging power unit, consider the portable AC200 MAX.
- Large Capacity Capabilities- The unit is powerful and flexible. It has two expansion ports and can accommodate two B230 batteries with a capacity of 2048Wh each and B300 with 3072Wh capacity each giving you a total capacity of 8,192Wh.
- Multiple Outlets- The AC200 MAX is fitted with 16 outlet ports to meet all your power and charging needs. Excellent choice for RV and power outage emergencies. It has built-in 30A NEMA TT-30 and 12V 30A highly powerful DC outlets.
- Versatile Charging- You can charge the power station with solar, wall plug or both simultaneously. It allows 900W of solar charging and up to 400W using the adapter. A simultaneous charging of solar panels and wall plugs allows up to 1400W charging rate for a full charge within two hours.
- High Capacity- With a high capacity of 2000Wh, your devices will stay charged throughout your camping adventures or power outages and emergencies. Some of the appliances you can power with AC200P include an air conditioner for four hours, a coffee maker for one and a half hours, a car fridge for 20 hours, and an electric grill for 1.5 hours.
- Multiple Charging Ports- The power system features several charging ports including AC outlets, 12V/3A DC Port, USB-A, USB-C, a cigarette lighter port, a 12V/25A RV port and 15W wireless charging pad.
- Durability and Safety- The system runs on LiFePO4 with 3,500+ life cycles and lasts for approximately 10 years. Additionally, it features an advanced battery management system (BMS) on the AC200P for monitoring the system and protecting your devices against any potential risks.
- A Wide Range of Applications- The BLUETTI AC200P can power nearly all your home appliances such as radios, TVs, ice coolers, blenders, projectors, coffee machines, and more. It’s an ideal power system for off-grid living and home backup during power outages. Also, a great companion for camping and van life.
- High Power Capacity- It’s a modular expandable power station with high capacity 2048Wh ultra-durable LFP cells with 2,200W power and Pure Sine Wave Inverter.
- Power and Flexibility- The power station comes with two expansion ports, the AC200MAX is adaptable to two battery modules, the BLUETTI B230’s(2048Wh) and B300(3072Wh) which boosts the power capacity up to 8192Wh.
- Versatile Charging-You can charge the AC200MAX with both adapter and solar. It allows 400W with adapter and 900W with solar and it allows for simultaneous charging with both for 1400W charging rate for a full charge in just two hours.
- Several Outlets- The BLUETTI AC200MAX has 16 outlets. You can charge and power all your devices and appliances simultaneously making it a worthwhile investment for your RV. It is designed with a 30A NEMA TT-30 outlet and 12 V 30A highly powerful DC outlets.
- High Power Capacity- The BLUETTI EB70S + PV200 power station is a hybrid of high innovation and technology. It is equipped with an 800W/ 1000W power inverter with 716Wh LiFePO4 battery. The power capacity from the generator kit is adequate to power all your appliances and devices on the road.
- 12 Output Ports- The BLUETTI EB70S + PV200 power station has 12 ports allowing you to charge and power various devices and home appliances simultaneously. Additionally, it comes with a 15W wireless charging pad for wireless charging of your phone.
- Versatile- The power station allows you to charge and power different devices simultaneously. You can light up the house during power outages, run fans, charge phones, laptops, use projectors and much more.
- Easy Portability- The BLUETTI EB70S + PV200 power station has an in-built ergonomic handle for easy portability and handling. It is relatively lightweight and compact-sized, so you can lift and carry it with one hand. It does not take much of your space, thus a great companion for camping, hiking, RV-ing or during home power outages.
How Does a Solar System Work in an RV?
An Off-Grid RV Solar System allows you to travel freely anywhere you desire anytime, without worrying about your power needs. RV solar system is cost-effective with minimal maintenance. That, even without access to electricity, you can light up your RV at night and use appliances such as refrigerators, water pumps, coffee makers, and charge your devices.
The solar panels on the roof of your RV absorb sun energy during the day. The sun's energy is converted into electrical current. The current moves from solar panels to the RV battery through the wiring system.
The electricity is converted into 12V DC and it charges the battery, thus storing up the energy for lighting the RV, charging devices, and running small to medium appliances. The 12V DC passes through the inverter and converts to 120V AC, which powers heavier appliances such as coffee makers. The entire solar system for the RV comprises solar panels, batteries, and converters.
What Factors Should You Consider When Choosing an RV Solar System?
Before you install an off-grid RV solar system, you should consider these factors:
1. The Amount in Wattage Your RV Needs Daily
Before buying or installing the solar system on your RV, you must first establish the size of the RV and the amount of energy you use daily. You will achieve this by calculating the amount of electricity every device and appliance uses. Then, multiply the number by the number of hours every device is in use.
Then, add the total from every appliance to get the total watt-hours your RV needs. With this information, you can easily determine the type of solar system you need, the number of solar panels, the storage battery, and other components.
2. The Amount of Energy the Solar Panels Can Absorb
There are different types of solar panels, each with varying sun absorption capabilities. The monocrystalline solar panels are the most popular and most efficient. Also, factors such as your energy needs and the size of your RV roof will determine the number and type of panels you need.
3. The Battery Capacity
You will need solar batteries to store up energy tapped by solar panels during the day for nighttime use. A 100 ah 12V battery can hold up to 1200 Watt-hours of solar power. Batteries allow you to continue powering RV even on days when the weather is not sunny.
Make the Right Decision for Your Travel
RV solar systems allow you to access power, use home appliances and charge your devices as you camp and travel. It’s time to ditch the noisy and fumes-emitting generators for clean and renewable energy.
Additionally, a solar system in your RV will significantly reduce your traveling costs in the long run since you don’t have to pay for generator fuel and camping ground fees to access electricity.
You have the ability to travel and camp in remote areas without worrying about the lack of power for your devices. Consider the above-discussed BLUETTI solar system and transform your camping and RV experience for the better.